Wednesday 13 March 2019

From a Certain Point of View (Star Wars)

From a Certain Point of View (Star Wars)From a Certain Point of View by Ben Acker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A very mixed bag of stories. Some great, some awesome, a few slow, and a couple I just did not see the point of. There are some very big name Star Wars authors in this book, new Disney era authors.

I really thought the concept of this book was a great innovation. Right from the last moment of Rogue One to the end of Star Wars A New Hope. Each short story moves the story along scene by scene. However the twist is it is not just the author that changes, but the story is told from a side character, an extra or a main characters side story.

There were many great stories in this book, but there were a couple of stories that were way too slow, and a couple I just did not think added anything to Star Wars universe in general. The was a story staring a Disney era Star Wars comic star.

The final breakdown, I loved the first 100 pages, was not sure about the next 100, confused for the next 50, and the it returned in force till the end. The last story was a bit of an in joke which did make me laugh so it ended well and brought the whole thing up to a ok book, but now quite good or great. However I would like to emphasise my respect for all the authors who contributed their time and effort for free. All the money from this book go to the First Book charity organisation.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment